Thursday, November 11, 2010

For Inquiring Minds

Now, for a modern day love story!  In February of 2009, my Mom suffered a heart attack which resulted in her unfortunate demise three weeks later.  It was during Mom's illness that Paul and I became facebook friends.  We posted our comments on this semi-public forum revealing our friendship to friends and family.  When the curiosity could no longer be contained, my dear Aunt Jean wrote me asking to "tell us more about Paul."  This is a copy of the letter I wrote as an answer to her request:
Hi Aunt Jeannie!
More about Paul....Well....I met him 27 years ago at my church while Dad was the Associate Pastor. Paul was a youth worker. When Mom died, Paul started writing me letters on Facebook and we started talking. He has lost his Mom also.
He drove all the way from Charleston, SC to Greenville,SC to take me and Kyle home (Wake Forest, NC) after Kyle and I were involved in a head on collision on the interstate.
Paul is "courting " me.....sending me sweet cards, beautiful flowers, planting plants in my yard, treating my grass/weeds, changing the burned out lightbulbs. He is taking great pleasure in just spoiling me and taking care of me. ETC,ETC,ETC......
I think when Mom went to heaven she went to the pearly gates and said," before I enter there is one unanswered prayer that we need to take care of. I have been praying for God to send someone to love and care for me daughter." So, God searched the world over and sent me Paul!
Paul is so much like my Dad, and treats me so kind and respectfully. It is just like Dad always treated mom.
What a miracle!! What an unexpected surprise in life!
:)
Love you,
Jana
(by Jana Montgomery Moen on Monday, April 6, 2009 at 11:18am)
A few days later on April 17, 2009,  Paul and I were married.  We had a 25 day courtship, planned a wedding, became engaged, and married all in the course of one week.  When you know he is the one, why wait?  Today, Paul is still spoiling me and loving me! Without a doubt, I know that my Godly mothers' prayers were answered.  When God answers the prayer of saints, He answers it precisely and the answer is beautiful.   I am blessed and favored by God !

No comments:

Post a Comment