Monday, November 22, 2010

Treasured Traditions

     It is once again the holiday season.  We began our season last night by watching one of our favorite Christmas movies: Christmas with the Kranks.  What a fun movie!  The Krank's try to shake things up a bit and break free from their Christmas traditions.  Can this really be done?  You will have to watch the movie and see!
     Tradition is very important to us.  Hubby and I have many traditions that we have continued.  In addition to watching a vast library of Christmas movies, we have traditions of decorating, celebrating, shopping, and of course culinary specials.  Our families have come to look forward to these festive treats.  It just wouldn't be Thanksgiving, Christmas, or New Year's without these special delicacies. 
One of my most favorite recipes came from my Grandma, Paula Clyde Montgomery.  My grandma would prepare Cranberry Fluff every year and my family would travel to West Virginia to share the thanksgiving feast with our extended family.  Grandma passed this traditional recipe on to my Mom, who passed it on to me.  I have in turn passed it on to my Son.  Without our treasured traditions, our holidays would not be the same.
     Cranberry Fluff is so simple to make and has that melt in the mouth kind of goodness that keeps you looking forward to it every year.  This Thanksgiving, we share our recipe with you.  After all, what would a Thanksgiving blog be without food.  Happy Thanksgiving friends!
    Cranberry Fluff

1.     Use the chopping blade of the food processor to grind up 2 cups of raw cranberries
2.     Combine 3 cups of miniature marshmallows and 1 cup of sugar. Stir into the  ground cranberries
3.     Chill the above mixture for several hours
4.    Core and dice 2 cups of apples
5.     Slice into quarters 1 cup of red seedless grapes
6.     Mix the fruit into the chilled sweetened cranberries
7.     Add 1/4 teaspoon salt and 1 cup Cool Whip.
8.     Fold together and Chill
9.     Spoon onto Lettuce leaves to Serve

1 comment:

  1. I'm sad to say, I don't remember cranberry fluff!!! I'm going to have to try this right away! What I remember most from grandma's kitchen is spaghetti sauce.

    ReplyDelete